Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 4: Best Childhood Memory

I had a really good childhood. I was (am) very blessed. Or you could say spoiled. Or blessed and spoiled. Whatever.

I do not know what would be my best childhood memory. I had lots of good ones. So I'll just pick one and go with it!

When I was little, my brother-in-law made me this "tire" swing. Only he didn't use a tire. He used a huge PVC pipe and rope. But, me and my friends would spend all day long out there swinging on this swing. Even when I got older. This was the meeting place I guess. Where we told all our deepest, darkest secrets. Secrets like who we had a crush on that day and such!

We had a lot of fun on that swing. It would even hold 2 kids at once!

One of our favorite things to do is get on the swing and get another person to twist you and twist and twist and twist and then let go. You would spin for what felt like hours! And all your blood would rush to your toes. Or head. Or both. I can't remember. And when you would finally stop, you would think, 'Why in the world did I do that?' Ha!

I remember one time, we set off to dig a swimming pool under the swing. Yeah. Around an hour later we had a hole of about 3 inches wide and 2 inches deep. Pretty good progress when all you have is a spoon!

Well, I guess that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment