Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Have Learned To Be Content...

...at least I hope I have. A couple of months back, my husband and I decided to buy a new car to replace my Buick. My Buick had been having some problems and it seems that if one thing goes wrong, another thing will, and then another. We prayed about it and asked God for his perfect will. Well, it came close to happening but it didn't. They wouldn't come down 1,000 more dollars so we decided not to get it.

It was a very good thing we didn't get the car because we had some other unexpected expenses come up. God always knows what He is doing. I was not content with my Buick, I just wanted a new car. I know, I know. I should have been thankful for a running vehicle.

Enter now. We have 3 different vehicles, an F-150 truck, a GEO Metro, and my Buick. Currently everyone of our vehicles could have something wrong with it. Something bad wrong with it. We think our truck is leaking oil. Our mechanic says that we might need to replace the motor. Our GEO is leaking transmission fluid. If what our mechanic done the other day doesn't fix it, we will have to have the whole transmission taken out which would cost more than that car is worth. Finally, my Buick skips during certain times when your driving it. It could mean that the transmission is going out in it.

We are praying really hard that these problems can be easily fixed because if not, we are going to have a huge problem.

Why did I want a new car? I have a perfectly fine car. The scripture of the day, for me, is Philippians 4:11 "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

If I could just be content with what I have, it would make my life and my husband's life so much easier. I'm really going to work on this whole being content thing. I really don't want a new car because along with a new car you have a new payment and currently we have nothing we have to pay off. We have our utility bills and that is it. Our house is paid off and all our vehicles and our building is paid off.

Sorry, this is a really boring post but it is something that I've been thinking about. Please help us pray that our vehicles will be just fine. I know it will all work out. I can honestly say that I am content with my Buick. Praise the Lord for my Buick!

2 comments:

  1. He has a way of teaching us important little lessons along the way, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a boring post at all. I appreciate your transparency and I will pray for your vehicles.

    ReplyDelete