Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I'll just tell ya, I had an awesome Mother's day! I am so blessed to be able to be a mother. I am so thankful that God chose me to take care of this little girl he has placed in my life! It is an awesome responsibility that I sometimes feel like I am failing at. But I know that God will help me each and every step of the way. I cannot imagine trying to be a mother without Him here helping me.


We went to church Sunday morning. I was able to hear my pastor preach a great sermon just for us moms.
I had to put this picture on here because I think it is hilarious that Trinity is picking her nose in this one! I'm just crazy like that!
Trinity would not smile in these pictures.
This was us on my first Mother's day last year. I cannot believe she can change so much in just a year's time.
These are some flowers I got from church for being the youngest mother there! I hope I can keep them alive!

After church, we went to my SIL house for a Mother's day cook-out. We had a lot of fun. Especially Trinity because they had 2 little dogs for her to play with!


This is my MIL cooking out. (Kathi, I forgot to tell her to take her sunglasses off for this picture!)
This is what Trinity got me for Mother's day! I love my CHI flat iron and I love this hair dryer also. It dried my hair a lot faster than my old one and also didn't make my hair frizzy at all! Awesome!

Steven is great at keeping a secret, but awful at hiding things. Needless to say, I already knew that I was getting this. So, yesterday morning after I got out of the shower, I went to Steven's study where is was praying (Yes, I know I interrupted his prayer), I peeked in the door and said, "It's Mother's day." Steven said, "Happy Mother's day." And I said, "I want my hair dryer!" Steven started laughing!

I am so excited that I am actually posting this blog post in a timely manner! I honestly figured it would probably be Father's day before I posted it! I am on the ball today! Yay me!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh...you've got me wanting a chi hair dryer now! I have a really old one, but I got a chi flat iron for Christmas and I love it! Drying my hair takes forever because it is so thick. Hmmmm...I may have to plant a hint in the hub's ear for our anniversary coming up in May LOL

    So glad you all had a great day! I can't believe how much Trinity has grown since last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!! LOL!!! I want one now! I don't think Matthew would be quite as generous with a HAIR DRYER as Steven was. Ha ha!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete